Neil Brian Kynaston
Here is some background on my life experiences, qualifications and some of the amazing people I have met.
Of course you want to know who it is that is going to guide and assist you on your return to whole-ness, the person who is going to champion, challenge and inspire you on this life-changing journey.
Finding the right support is essential in making an informed professional choice. Finding someone who truly meets, hears and sees you, as well as someone who excites and inspires you to realise the possibilities of your life.
My life has offered me an array of profound experiences, and it's from this wellspring that I draw to help you with your own trials. I have danced intimately with pain and suffering as if it were my best friend, lover or enemy. Great losses and gains have informed my experience, but through it all I have found that ultimately, it’s our relationship to our suffering that shapes us; whether we choose to turn our experiences into wisdom, or to turn away from them.
Ultimately, there is no right or wrong, but our thoughts, words and actions do have consequences. It all begins with thought. When we bring our awareness to this we get to see the polarities, the diamonds and the demons of our lives emerging more clearly. Below you'll find the bones of my life story and the journey I've chosen to know myself deeper.
I grew up in an extremely troubled family riddled with mental and physical illness. To know more of my personal journey you can go to my Blog. I post on the 1st & 3rd Saturdays of each month.
Surviving these illnesses within my family unit was a powerful, demanding process, that was at times extremely isolating. My desire to survive and thrive, together with my willingness to choose, one step at a time, to participate in life, particularly through sport and my spiritual path, have been paramount in literally saving my life! If you are dealing with something similar then I want you to know that you are not alone.
Asking for support was never easy for me but it has been an essential aspect of developing humility and surrendering to something beyond myself. Whatever I do now I give my very best possible, whatever form that takes.
True, unconditional love comes from accepting the reality of our human frailty; that we are all ultimately flawed, and being willing to see the perfection in that too. Cultivating compassion around our perceived 'failings' allows us as humans to build a resilient emotional intelligence, expanding our window of understanding and acceptance for all of life.
I wish to express gratitude for all the gifts I've been given in the grace of God and acknowledge all my teachers/healers/therapists for their willingness to step up and become the bridge which took me from a place of delusion to a place of deep self awareness. Receiving their life teachings has allowed me to grow and evolve in ways that I couldn't have achieved otherwise and I am deeply grateful for their dedication and love.
After two years living mostly in monastic communities, I want to share my intention around the new expression of my work. I wish to inspire and provoke action within our society and create change and stability in our global family. We, the people of this earth are at a very important crossroads and I wish to help reverse the current downward spiral of humanity's potentially imminent extinction. Some great seers and mystics have predicted this to happen before this century is over. I launched my work on March 22nd 2019, which I'm hoping will inspire great change amongst friends, families, businesses and global leaders in our world.
Let us leave a legacy to the generations that follow, one that can foster a holistic and sustainable future. We must keep an eye on the impact that our daily actions will have on the collective heart-mind-body consciousness, our whole Self. I am invested in the relationship between giving and receiving, the ultimate gift of life, learning to do it selflessly and seamlessly from a place of wholeness. I am about empowering the world to be more tolerant, more supportive, more compassionate, more loving, more believing in a faith outside of the individual selfishness of “I, me, mine, my state”, and in our society reaching out to our neighbours to offer more kindness.
With much gratitude on this great path we call Life.
March 22nd 2019.
- 2017 - 2019 British Flower & Vibrational Essence Therapist, Advanced Practitioner. 250 hrs. Chalice Well, Glastonbury, UK.
- 2014 - 2017 Post Graduate Teacher Training Certificate in Open Floor International. 350 hrs. London, Scotland, Belgium, USA, Ireland & France.
- 2016 - 2017 Jivamukti Yoga Teacher Training. 300 hrs. Costa Rica & London, UK.
- 2010 - 2012 Post Graduate Diploma in Executive Coaching & Organisation Development. 180 hrs. Regents Collage, London, UK.
- 2007 - 2017 Post Graduate in Gestalt Therapy Theory Studies. 450 hrs. The Gestalt Centre, London, UK & Esalen Institute, California, USA.
- 2007 - 2008 Breath Work Practitioner Certificate. 250 hrs. Breath Therapist and Re-birther. One Sky International Life Skills & Healing Arts Institution. USA, Italy & Mexico.
- 2004 British Wheel of Yoga Foundation Certificate. 100 hrs. Gloucestershire, UK.
- 1995 - 1999 2:1 B.Ed. Honours in Physical Education & Art. 4 years full time. DMU Bedford, UK.
- 2020 January - Current. Moved to Arambol, India. Lock down began and so did the inner work. Im very grateful for the community and gentleness of the lock down.
- 2009 - 2019 A year in silence. 6 months from November 2017 - November 2018. A weekly mentoring session with resident monk/teacher and a group process session with a resident teacher. Gaia House, Devon, UK.
- 2017 Vipassana as taught by S.N.Goenka in Wales & in Nepal in 2007.
- 2017 - 2018 Three months at the Krishnamurti Centre, living, working & reflecting.
- 2017 September - November. Cycled London - Paris, then flew to Ibiza and spent 8 weeks in the mountains in northern Ibiza with a fire each night reflecting on 10 years living in London and what would be next.
- 2015 - 2017 Open Floor International Teacher Training. Went through a rigorous holistic training program in 6 countries. Mentored by the very skilful Nele Vandezande from Belgium in a monthly peer group for the two and half-year training.
- 2015 Anna Halprin, Esalen, Institute, USA. A week’s workshop working with one the most important movement teachers globally still alive.
- 2014 Sanchez Casal Tennis Academy Tutor training. Lead by Daniel Sorribas and mentored by Sergio Casal & Pato Alvarez. Wimbledon champions; Andy Murray and Garbine Muguruza were both taught by Sergio and Pato.
- 2013 Contact Dance Festival. 3 weeks, Ibiza.
- 2013 - 2020 Debbie Rye. Training & dowsing teacher, learning the finer lessons of the spiritual unseen world and the gift of Earth Healing.
- 2009 - 2017 Tennis Professional at Notting Hill Harbour Club & Chelsea Harbour Club, London, UK. Coached 2 year olds up to 80 year olds. Global business people and the upper class society. Prepared two juniors over a 5 year period in 4 countries to compete on the European Tour.
- 2012 Cycled London – Brighton as part of a team event.
- 2012 Samothraki. One month in the mountains of Samothraki Greek Island in solitude, followed by Capoeira martial arts.
- 2010 - 2014 Founder of; Leadership Through Adventure. Leadership coaching sessions before, during and post events. 3 leadership trips. Cycled top to bottom of Ireland. Walked through The Sierra De La Guna, in Baja California Sur, Mexico leading a vision quest and walked through several stages of the GR10 of the Pyrenees in France.
- 2000 - 2020 1-to-1 Therapist for trainings or courses and when required for support through personal therapy. Caroline Mackenzie, Puja Lepp, Zuza Engler, Perry Holloman, James Ryan, Carmen Joanne Ablack MA, Dr Anne Cole, Michael Ellis MA, Toni Gilligan MA PPD, Carol Siederer MA, Anne Litwin, Ilona Eros, Renos Papadopoulos, Chris Williams, Japp Westerbos, Judith Hemming, Bernd C Leagraf, Tommi Raisanen, Christine Bond & Richard Stephenson.
- 2009 Ran and facilitated the house meetings and ran meditations at the Osho Shubham Meditation Centre, London.
- 2009 Director of Tennis, Paddington Recreation Ground, London.
- 2007 - 2009 Worked with Dan Brule at Baja Bio Sana, he was my Breath work teacher. I bought the plot of land next door to Bio Sana. It was 8 acres and I set up a non-profit corporation in Mexico for a sustainable living and mediation centre. The retreat was built on a farm and it was called “Freedom Retreats.” We ran retreats and life style workshops, plus yoga and mediation classes for the visitors as part of the rustic retreat program. Everyone who came radically changed.
- 2007 Puja Lepp. Facilitator of primal therapy and Osho meditations: 14 days in silence, holding a teddy bear of our own choosing for 24 hours a day for the whole experience. Working inside a soundproofed padded room, deep deep down in the earth. I can only liken it to being like a womb and a prison cell all wrapped up in one. I think you may get the picture, it was deep work letting go of old pain to do with mother and father issues.
- 2007 - 2009 A time to explore the world. I travelled through India via several yoga centres and ashrams, Sri Lanka climbed Mount Sinai, Nepal the Annapurna circuit and rafting followed by 4 months at Tapoban meditation centre, trekking in Tibet and to many monasteries, and onto the Great Wall of China, flew to Japan, lived as a monk, climbed Mount Fuji through the night and finally onto Maui studying for a month with Alan Lowen and Jan Day with the Art of Being.
- 2008 Founded Movement Awareness and trade marked the brand. Taught the process for 9 years in Mexico, London, Italy, Spain and Kenya.
- 2007 Sedona Forest Kibbutz, Auroville, India. Planting a new forest in India to support the need to bring natural methods of targeting pollution and creating a sustainable future.
- 2007 Living and working at Bukkokuji Monastery, Obama, Japan. I had the teachings and Darshan of master Harada Tangen Roshi who has lived at the monastery for 64 years. I became close friends with Zenshin the second master of the monastery. Daily life include; 4.40am "Shinrei" wake up calls ready for the morning run, followed by 30 minutes of Japanese movement training called "Taiso" to prepare the body for the coming day. In a normal day we would do 4/5 Zazen sitting meditations each lasting 40 minutes. I found this experience challenging and stands alone as a practice of awareness that has both simplicity and clarity.
- 2007 - 2012 9 months in the Osho Ashram, Puna, India working with the Osho mediations and living and working in community. I took Sannyas in Puna, “Prem Kina” and made a commitment to my spiritual path under the veil of Freedom.
- 2001 - 2006 Director of Tennis and taught Rugby and Hockey. Dean Close Senior School, Pre-School and Prep-School. 3 – 18 years old. Cheltenham, UK. (3rd in Boys under 16s National Finals).
- 2000 - 2007 Founder and Managing Director of NKY Tennis Academy in Cheltenham, UK. Trained over 100 tennis coaches to become tennis coaches in the NKY methodology and worked with over 10,000 students.
- 2004 British Wheel of Yoga Foundation Certificate. 100 hours with Senior Teacher Liz Parker. Gloucestershire, UK.
- 2006 - 2016 Eight months living and working at Esalen Institute in California, USA. I studied with Zuza Engler, Soul Motion teacher and Gestalt therapist, Perry Holloman Gestalt therapist and massage therapist for 6 months on a 1-to-1 basis, Patrick Douce the founder of Spinal Awareness for a 1-month intensive and finally a month intensive with Howard Joel Schechter Ph.D. training in group process. I was invited to attend staff week ran by Andrea Juhan PHD and Alain Allard which was a wild, wonderful and eye opening process to be a part of.
- 2000 – 2006 Yoga, Cheltenham, Bryan Mitchel. Hatha fusion, drawn from his 30 years as a yoga master.
- 2004 - 2012 The Hill That Breathes. Worked with; John Parkin (Author of F..K IT) and Gaia Pullini the founders, also for a week intensive I worked with; Karl Grundig, Tim Broughton, Jane Occondo and Heinz Gerd Lange.
- 2003 - 2013 Ken Eyerman. Founder of the “Eyerman Technique.” Which is inspired by Ashtanga Yoga and The Feldenkrais Method. Worked with Ken in Egypt, La-Gomera and London, with his movement process, and also through bodywork, he is the author of the book “Massage.” Ken coached me 1 - to - 1 with my own development of my movement practice I called Movement Awareness.
- 1999 Cycled top to bottom of Portugal. Left London with my old friend Giles Duncan Collings and arrived as a 17 strong travelling pack.
- 2006 - 2020 15 years dancing the 5 Rhythms. I was on the path to partake in the teacher training but when the founder died unexpectedly and very sadly (Gabrielle Roth) I decided to train with the 3 main teachers who had worked along side Gabrielle for 30 years. They are: Kathy Altman, Lorri Saltszman and Andrea Juhan Ph.D. The 3 of them set up the Open Floor International Program with Andreas husband Vic Cooper. Important and influential teachers on my dancing path were: Tim Broughton my first ever teacher in Italy at the Hill That Breathes, Gabrielle Roth at Esalen institute, Sue Rickards for 10 years in London, Liz Baron-Cohen my friend and colleague for 12 years in London, Chris Connors, Christian De Sousa, Alain Allard and Sarah Pitchford.
- 2008 - 2020 Ya’Acov and Susannah Darling Khan the founders of Movement Medicine. 75 days including the attendance of three 72-hour Long Dances UK and 8 days in Switzerland. 3 days in Prague, Czech Republic co-facilitating with Katerina Stejskalova and 5 days in Belgium, Orval with Ben Yeger and David Mooney.
- 1999 - 2001 Head of Boys Physical Education. Valentines High School, Gants Hill, London. UK.
- 1998 Greek Island Hopping after my 3rd year of University before the real work in my 4th year began. Wrote two dissertations one for PE and one for Art, and my Art practical project on Kinetic Movement I was very proud to get a 1st class honours mark. Dr.Margret Whitehead Ph.D. (head of faculty, De Montfort University, Bedford), she taught me something that stayed with me my whole teaching life. Before you can teach the second part the first part must be learned first. Teach one thing at a time properly, lay solid foundations the rest will follow in good time.
- 1995 - 1999 Head Tennis Coach at Wollaston Lawn Tennis Club, Wollaston, West Midlands. UK.
- 1993 -1996 Director of Tennis. St Bede’s International Summer School. Upper Dicker, Hailsham, East Sussex. UK.
- 1992 Two summers working full time as a Bunk Counsellor and Tennis Coach at Trails End Camp, Pennsylvania, USA. The highlight followed the work at Camp with a group of guys I met while there. We decided to travel together through the USA. We named our-selves the magnificent 7 and got the T-shirt. We travelled 12,000 miles in a van coast to coast and back again! As a 20 year old this was a truly unreal experience…
- 1999 Private 1 - to - 1 Tennis Coaching. Ibiza, Spain for 6 months.
- 1989 - 1991 Head Coach at Quarry Bank Lawn Tennis Club, West Midlands. UK. Singles Club Champion. 1990 and 1991.
- 1990 Cycled top to bottom of France to raise money for children who were from less fortunate backgrounds. I was 17 at the time.
- 1988 Reached the last 80 players selected at under 16s England FA.
- 1986 - 1989 Aston Villa FC. School of Excellence & School Boy Footballer.
- 1984 - 2020 Student of Astrology, Human Design, Numerology & Alternative Medicine.